Success in achieving and sustaining organizational health and balance through the Genuine Contact™ program is dependent
on building the capacity of individuals and organizations to navigate
with change. This requires a healthy, balanced foundation for
the organization to work from as an "operating system".
It is an accurate metaphor to say that Genuine Contact provides
an operating system for a living organization. It provides patterns
of simple, elegant processes that can handle, and benefit from,
all the complexity within and outside the organization (conflict
included). Genuine Contact™ process doesn't dictate a particular
organizational culture - each organization has its own unique
culture, based on its purpose and its people - but the patterns
it provides work to invite the gifts of all the people involved
fully and effectively into engagement.
Through this program, we equip you with simple and practical " how to" methods, processes, and key ingredients of achieving organizational
health and balance that are duplicable throughout the organization.
The Genuine Contact™ program achieves amazing results in
working with what Stephen Covey calls the new “Whole Person
Paradigm” that is required for organizations with knowledge
and service workers to succeed.
Purpose of the Genuine Contact™ program
Through its holistic approach to organizational success, the purpose of the Genuine Contact™ program is to provide an effective and quick means to access the issues that need to be addressed in your organization, and the solutions
that need to be implemented. A participatory architecture is created
to foster a solution-focused base for your organization, achieving
results that surpass expectations. It provides a nourishing environment
in which the human spirit can flourish creatively and fulfill
its potential. Solutions come from the collective genius and passion
of the organization's existing human resources, generating the
energy to implement them in the process.
The Genuine Contact™ program was designed with simplicity in mind, using meetings as a catalyst to develop healthy and balanced organizations
for successful, sustainable optimum effectiveness. Meeting
methodologies were chosen that tap into the intellectual and intuitive wisdom
of the individuals involved, and of the whole collective. Key ingredients were identified that needed to be in place to support
the new or enhanced way of getting work done. The resulting healthy
and balanced organization is life nurturing, working as an interconnected
learning organization. The process is organic, so every organization
brings about its own unique change from within, simultaneously
enhancing skills, capacity and competency for working with change
in our rapidly changing times.
The Genuine Contact™ program is also a program for building the skill and capacity within the organization to address change. It is
designed to keep external consultant involvement to a minimum,
providing training and mentoring work only so that working with
change is led from within the organization.
Tangible Results from using the Genuine Contact™ program include:
1. Breakthrough learning resulting in solutions to complex challenges
2. Appropriate structure
3. Genuine community and effective communication
4. High morale and commitment
5. Spirited performance
6. Engaged involvement
7. High efficiency
8. High productivity
9. Shared leadership
10. Shared vision
11. Clear purpose
12. Growth from within
13. Elimination of barriers to doing a job quickly with excellence
14. Increased creativity including creative problem solving
15. Sustainable and renewable organizational health and energy
for further successes
16. An ability to navigate with change and take quick advantage
of the opportunities it brings
17. An environment where the creative human spirit can flourish
18. Benefits from intuitive knowledge and rational knowledge working
together in tandem
As an organization develops greater health and balance, change in actions, behaviors and patterns are required. More important are the changes in the
way that purpose, values, assumptions, and structure are understood
and worked with. For both individuals and organizations, growthful
change comes from deep within. For both, change uncovers our fears
of the new and unknown, yet we know that we must face the unknown
if we are to grow and flourish. In the Genuine Contact™
program, change is viewed as life nurturing rather than life depleting.
Leaders within an organization are taught to develop and use an operating system in which business is conducted with genuine contact at all levels
on an on-going basis. These leaders are then empowered to teach
others within the organization in an ongoing internal process
until the new operating system is functioning fully in a growthful
and effective way. This way of working is duplicable and self-replicating
throughout the organization, and is customized to suit every specific
When you work with the Genuine Contact™ program, you will experience seven key components for your skill and capacity building as individuals and as an organization:
1. Within the Genuine Contact™ program you will experience the Medicine Wheel Tool as the overall matrix to guide your learning,
healing, development, evolution and consciousness. This assists
you in bringing about results that exceed expectations. The Medicine
Wheel Tool assists action/reflection learning regarding health and
balance in the organization focusing on purpose, leadership, vision,
community, management and relationships. You will be taught to
use this framework as a diagnostic and prescriptive tool for achieving
and then maintaining health and balance
2. You and your organization will be in a mentoring relationship with the consultant(s) that you choose to work with. The consultant(s) will mentor
the organization and individuals within the organization to achieve
organizational health and balance with minimal consultant involvement. You will be encouraged to develop a mentoring circle to enhance and sustain learning.
3. You will learn Working With Open Space Technology, a highly participative meeting process.
4. You will learn how to use Whole Person Process Facilitation as an operating platform for meetings.
5. You will learn Cross Cultural Conflict Resolution, for both conflict prevention and conflict resolution.
6. You will be offered the opportunity to develop your organization as a Genuine Contact Organization with a liberating structure and a participatory architecture to achieve and sustain high performance.
7. And you will be offered the opportunity to develop and enhance skills to teach others in all of the components of the Genuine Contact™
program, ensuring that the program maintains its integrity (wholeness)
and respects the unique contributions that each individual makes
to the program.
Click here to read a statement
of values considerations for working with the Genuine Contact™
For information about copyrights surrounding the Genuine Contact ™ Program click here .